Project Log: ScummVM for the GP2X

This project log contains information on my, now official, port of the wonderful ScummVM virtual machine to the GP2X platform.

0.11.0 "Preview 2" released.

By DJWillis On Friday, January 04, 2008 At 2:08 pm
All,

I would REALLY appreciate any feedback on this new preview 2 release of the upcoming 0.11.0 release for the GP2X.

This release fully supports all GP2X's (F100 and F200 with touchscreens) however I am not able to extensively test these releases as I do not have a GP2X.

You can download the release from the forum feedback thread here.

This should support all new games added in the 0.11.0 release cycle including Elvira 1 & 2, Lure of the Temptress and Waxworks (Amiga version).

With the exception of a possible bugfix Preview 3 release this is pretty much what will end up as the official 0.11.0 release.

How to provide feedback?

In order to help me keep track of requests, bugs etc. I am asking that people kindly report such issues to the correct places (or at least copy them there). I don't spend all my time looking at forums and bug reports placed on random internet forums are never very helpful to me (i.e. they are very unlikely to get fixed). The same applies to feature requests etc. etc.

If you would like me to consider a feature or fix a bug help me to help you by ensuring the reports end up recorded in the one official place.



for this post

 
Blogger a6n0rma1 Says:

Works like a charm on my GP2X f-200! Thank you very much for all the work you did! All my scummvm games are playing perfectly. Even Broken sword is fully playable and enjoyable with touch screen support!

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

I am not sure if this is fixed now or not, but the preview release prior to that entered the scummvm debug mode quite a few times while playing Monkey Island I. The problem occured always in the same spot of the game though: when, on Melee Island, you walked from the alley through the gate into the rest of the town, where the church is, etc. Twice in the game, and easily repeatable, it jumped into a text console labelling it as debug mode.

I helped myself storing the game, playing further on my PC, and then putting the game back on the GP2X. So essentially I could solve the game on the GP2X but had to switch to the PC every now and then.

 
 
Blogger DJWillis Says:

Anonymous,

If problems like that go unreported they are very unlikely to ever get fixed.

The usual cause of debug errors is bad data files and I have played through Monkey Island 1 several times with my CD version without issues so have not seen the problem to fix it ;-).

Could you file a bug report (just go to here) with save games attached so I can look into this.

Without bug reports issues tend to go unfixed. The same thing applies to feature requests, if they are not reported to the right place it makes it very hard for me to keep track of things so I tend to loose track or forget.

John

 
 
Blogger Edy Says:

What about the fight controls in Indiana Jones games? The Compatibility List always show these games in the "Current SVN head" as "Fully Working", but they're not. I haven't filled a bug report yet because this issue seem to be fully documented already. Should I? Are you planning to fix this issue?

Thank you anyways for your hard work!

 
 
Blogger DJWillis Says:

Edy,

Feel free to raise a bug report. I was sure I put in a way to 'sucker punch' people in the Indy games but I can't check right now.

As I doubt I will be able to fix this for the 0.11.0 release so I will lower compatibility in the wiki.

John

 
 
Anonymous Anonymous Says:

Tried on my f-200. Works perfectly ! I'm playing Monkey I and the touch screen is working like a charm, precise and accurate.

Good work, guys !

 

Leave a Reply