Project Log: ScummVM for the GP2X

This project log contains information on my, now official, port of the wonderful ScummVM virtual machine to the GP2X platform.

0.11.0 "Preview 3" released.

By DJWillis On Monday, January 07, 2008 At 11:39 pm
All,

This post is to announce the latest preview 3 release of the upcoming 0.11.0 release for the GP2X.

Thanks to Manjuu and SBock for the help testing the fixes below.

Major fixes from preview 2 include:
  • Input code (weird key repeat should be a thing of the past I hope)
  • Engine data included with all builds (Lure.dat, Kyra.dat etc. etc.) - This should make it easier for new users to get games running. For reference this is all stored in an engine-data folder under the ScummVM working folder.
There are also a handful of small fixes and tweaks. As usual I would REALLY appreciate any feedback.

This release fully supports all GP2X's (F100 and F200 with touchscreens) however I am not able to extensively test these releases as I do not have a GP2X. Touchscreen support is fairly primitive and will remain that way until I can get my hands on an F200 to test on.

You can download the release here.
The official feedback thread is here.

This should support all new games added in the 0.11.0 release cycle including I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Lure of the Temptress, Elvira - Mistress of the Dark, Elvira II - The Jaws of Cerberus, Waxworks (Amiga version only), and early Sierra preAGI games Mickey's Space Adventure, Troll's Tale, and Winnie the Pooh in the Hundred Acre Wood.

These new games are largely untested on the GP2X so feedback about them is especially important.

All being well this is pretty much what will end up as the official 0.11.0 release.

How to provide feedback?

In order to help me keep track of requests, bugs etc. I am asking that people kindly report such issues to the correct places (or at least copy them there). I don't spend all my time looking at forums and bug reports placed on random internet forums are never very helpful to me (i.e. they are very unlikely to get fixed). The same applies to feature requests etc. etc.

If you would like me to consider a feature or fix a bug help me to help you by ensuring the reports end up recorded in the one official place.

for this post

Leave a Reply